After Hurricane Wilma last October, Cozumel has bounced back very well. The things about Cozumel that bring people back year after year are still there as always: beautiful beaches, excellent diving, a lively downtown entertainment district, and famously friendly people ready to welcome you to their island paradise!
HOTEL OPERATIONS REPORT
Hotel Cozumel - open now!
Scuba Club - open now!
Villablanca - open now!
Barracuda - open now!
Occidental Grand - open now!
Fiesta Americana - open now!
iberostar - open now!
Occidental Allegro - open now!
Reef Club - March 31, on schedule - see March 16 press release below
Cozumel Palace - March 25, reopening ahead of schedule
Presidente - est. Sept 1
As of March 10 all reefs are open for diving! Only the C-53 wreck is still off-limits to divers, while Cozumel Marine Park officials evaluate if for safety (the October storm caused the wreck to crack, so for the time being it's still off-limits).
REEF CLUB NEWS - press release March
The Reef Club Cozumel will be again open to the public and able to receive clients and good old friends as of March 31st after a multimillion refurbishing process.
During a short period, the hotel will offer limited services and facilities as minor remodelation will continue in a separate area of this resort.
Please take note that by March 31 st the following services and facilities will be offered: 36 Regency Club Junior Suites
- 39 Regency Club Studios
- 12 Regency Club Standard Rooms
- 56 Hotel Standard rooms
- New lounge and lobby area
- New environment sound system
- 1 Specialties Restaurant and VIP Bar “Vista del Mar” (Totally renewed image) providing A la Carte breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- New & upgraded menus and bar service
- 1 Snack Bar
- 1 Swimming pool
- New Towels and Activities Centre
- Dive Shop Sand Dollar Sports
- Tennis and Multifunctional courts
All our guests will be registered at the new Front Desk facility located at the Regency Club section.
By April 15 A totally new buffet restaurant “ La Isla” will be available for our guests.
On June 1 st the following services and facilities will be in full operation:
A whole new Lobby area
- A new 40 feet Front Desk and Reception
- A new A la Carte specialties restaurant “Roberto’s”
- A new Guest Service Centre
- A new Lobby Bar “Azul”
- The Theatre with new stage, lights and sound systems.
- The main swimming pool
- A quiet pool with swim up bar “ Bikini”
- A whole new shopping centre “ Reef Plaza”